Each year, the CAP COM Cares Foundation delivers hundreds of backpacks to school-aged children in need at dozens of organizations and schools in our community.
These brand new backpacks are filled with school supplies, including notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, crayons, rulers, glue sticks, and more.
In 2019, we filled and delivered a record 1,020 backpacks!
The Foundation helps coordinate volunteer staff members to assemble the bags and supplies, which are typically delivered in late July or early August each year.
Backpacks have been distributed through the following organizations:
- Capital District YMCA
- Centro Civico
- Commission on Economic Opportunity
- Equinox Youth Shelter
- Franklin Community Center
- Girls Inc.
- Joseph’s House
- Marillac Family Shelter
- Rensselaer County Department for Youth
- Rensselaer Park
- Shelters of Saratoga
- St. Catherine’s Center for Children
- St. Paul’s Center
- Local schools associated with CAP COM’s School Banking program, including: Geyser Elementary, Abram Lansing, Harmony Hill, Heatly Elementary, LaSalle School, Menands School, Orenda Elementary, School 14, School 16, School 18, Turnpike Elementary, Van Schaick School, and Watervliet Elementary.
For more information, please contact the CAP COM Cares Foundation at (518) 458-2195, ext. 3553 or email email@example.com
Your continued generosity makes these programs possible.