Helping students learn to save!
CAP COM partners with 70+ local schools to offer School Banking and promote financial literacy. This year has presented all of us with unique challenges, but CAP COM is committed to supporting School Bankers, even if our dedicated volunteers are not in the schools as they normally have been.
When you sign up for School Banking, you receive a cool blue tie-dye T-shirt and a savings register. Deposits are not being accepted in schools at this time, but School Bankers can still make a deposit in their local branch.
Plus, CAP COM gives PTAs/PTOs associated with our School Banking program $10 for each new account. This added benefit has been extended to November 30 this year.
How does my child benefit?
- Earn money for your school. With our PTA/PTO Cash Incentive, schools can earn money for new accounts.
- Start saving early. Children learn the value of saving and form good financial habits.
- Earn money for being a good student. Kids can earn up to $60 with our Great Grades and Reading Programs.*
- Add up the coins and make some noise! Every CAP COM branch has a FREE coin machine to turn members’ coins into cash or instant deposits!
- Get cool prizes. School Bankers can earn prizes for making deposits.
- Qualify for scholarships. CAP COM offers numerous scholarships and awards to both students and educators.
What if I’m not a member?
Getting your child started with School Banking is simple.
- Check the list of participating schools for availability
- Complete the Youth Membership Application for your child
- Consider opening a CAP COM account for yourself to keep it in the family!
If my child is already a CAP COM member, how do we sign up?
To add your child’s existing CAP COM Account to their School Banking School:
- Call School Banking at (800) 468-5500 ext. 4656
- Email School Banking at email@example.com
- Stop in at any branch to pick up the Welcome Kit